So your builder has finally handed you the keys, and now you’re ready to move into the very first home of your own!
Well, almost. Aside from your furniture, there are some basic items you’ll need to bring, some of which you may not think of if it’s your first time setting up a home. Below is a handy checklist especially for first home buyers (Perth), covering everything you’ll need (or at least want) when you make the move. It’s a long list, but don’t freak out; many of these items can be borrowed or purchased second hand.
- Silverware, plus at least one good, sharp chef’s knife
- Dishes (e.g. plates, glasses, mugs, bowls, serving platters, etc.)
- Rubbish bin (with liners)
- Pots and pans
- Spatulas, ladles, whisks, etc.
- Tea towels
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Can opener
- Mixing bowls
- Bottle opener and corkscrew
- Rolls of aluminium foil, cling wrap and baking paper.
- Cutting boards
- Ice cube trays
- Hand mixer
- Dishwashing detergent and sponges
- Throw pillows for couch and chairs
- At least two sets of bed sheets
- Bedside lamp
- Clothes Hangers
- Laundry Hamper
- Shower curtain (and rings to hold it up)
- Shower caddy
- Toiletries (e.g. bath soap, hand soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.)
- Toilet paper
- Toilet brush
- Bath mat
- Air freshener
- Rubbish bin
- Towels (bath and hand) and washcloths
- Cleaning supplies (e.g. rags, paper towels, sprays)
- Laundry soap and fabric softener
- Vacuum cleaner
- Small broom and dustpan
- Extension cords
- Light bulbs
- First aid kit
Want your journey towards ‘first home builder’ (Perth) to be easy right from the start? Easystart Homes have you sorted.
As one of Perth’s most experienced and trusted builders, Easystart Homes is the first choice for first home buyers (Perth), taking the hard work out of home-building. From getting finance sorted, tips for building a new home to cheap house and land packages, you’ll have all the help you need!
Easystart Homes is the easy solution for first home builders (Perth). And the hard work of home building is removed right from the beginning. All you need to get started is $3,000. Find out more here!