Housework. It’s not something we all enjoy doing, but the end result is worth it.
To have you house sparkling clean and guest-ready with minimal time and effort, the key is to have a system. To get house cleaning completed quickly, the key is to move quickly and never go back into a room. Follow the plan below and you’ll be a cleaning-convert!
60 minutes to go…
Start with the bedrooms
- Clear clutter: aim for clean, clear surfaces. Hide unnecessary items in nearby drawers and cupboards.
- Change sheets.
- Dust – use a microfibre cloth and start at the back of each surface using broad strokes. Aim for the cloth to touch each surface once, from the back to the front, rather than going back and forth.
- Vaccuum. Start in the back corner, vacuuming your way out of the room.
50 minutes to go…
- Spray all over. Use an all-purpose cleaning spray to spritz the vanity, sink, toilet and shower before you get started.
- Tackle the toilet. Thoroughly scrub the toilet bowl with the toilet brush, then flush. Spray an anti-bacterial spray onto a cloth and wipe down the toilet seat and tank.
- The vanity and shower. Start with the mirror, using a glass cleaner. Next, use an old toothbrush and give hard-to-reach spots a quick scrub. Wipe over the sink and countertop with a cloth, working from the back to the front. Don’t worry about scrubbing the shower. Give it a wipe-down with a damp cloth, straighten your shampoo and shower gel bottles and you’re done.
- Finish with the floor. Begin in a far corner and quickly mop your way out of the room.
35 minutes to go…
Create a clean kitchen
- Declutter. Remove any clutter from countertops and place in drawers. The less stuff on your counters, the cleaner your kitchen will look. Place all dirty dishes in the dishwasher, or hand wash them, dry them, and put them away.
- Wipe. Use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe down countertops and appliances.
- Finish with the floor. Sweep the area, starting from the far corner and working your way out, then give the floor a fast once-over with a mop.
15 minutes to go!
Last but not least – the living area.
- Clear the clutter. Place remote controls, papers and DVDs into a drawer or stack neatly on a shelf. Place magazines into a neat pile on the coffee table.
- Dust. Work from the back to the front of surfaces, letting dust to fall on the floor.
- Final floor clean. Quickly vacuum yourself out of the room, starting in the farthest corner.
And you’re done!
Now you’re feeling fresh in your sparkling clean home, put your feet up and consider; would you rather be cleaning a house for a rent inspection, or cleaning a brand new home of your own? Want to be one of those super-happy first home builders (Perth)?
Easystart make it easy for first home builders (Perth).
First home buyers (Perth) can feel overwhelmed as they’re bombarded with advice and tips for building a house. As the specialist for first home buyers (Perth), Easystart understand a lot of decisions need to be made when building a new home, that's why they take care of everything for you in-house! Click to read more..
Whether it’s finance, finding land, or simply expert tips for building a house, Easystart Homes take the hard work out of building for first home buyers (Perth). Easystart even make it easy for you to stop renting, by paying your rent while you build! Contact Easystart Homes today on 6555 7549.