Choosing flooring for your new home can be a confusing and sometimes costly process. But the good news is, it doesn't have to be.
Below are three of the least expensive ways to cover the ground at your home, and questions you'll need to ask before cementing your decision.
Budget Flooring Materials
1. LINO is an inexpensive and popular synthetic material. It's water resistant, making it ideal for kitchens and bathrooms.
2. LAMINATE is also a synthetic material that is traditionally designed to imitate wood. It’s sold in tile or plank form. It's easy to clean and you can usually lay it yourself!
3. BAMBOO typically costs more than lino and laminate, but is less expensive than solid timber floors. This natural material is able to expand and contract with temperature changes.
Questions to Ask Before Handing Over Cash
- How much does it cost?
Remember there could be ‘hidden’ costs in flooring quotes, such as installation, underlay and ongoing maintenance costs.
- Can I use it in my kitchen, bathroom and laundry?
Before you start installing the flooring, be sure to ask if your choice is appropriate for where you want to lay it. Consider climate, sound control and how much foot traffic there’ll be.
- How durable is it?
Whilst cheaper flooring options will save you money in the short term, these options often won't last as long as their pricier counterparts like tiles and hard wood. Consider how far down the track you'll need to replace your floors when working out your budget.
- Can this type of flooring be easily removed?
If you’re planning on selling or renovating your home in the future, it‘s important to know what to expect. For example, lino flooring (which is difficult to remove) could be a turn-off to some potential buyers.
Easystart Homes have you covered with an exciting range of turnkey homes!
If keeping within a budget is a top priority during your home-building journey, consider a turnkey home. Turnkey packages (Perth) from Easystart Homes don’t come with any ‘sales gimmicks’ as they’re already filled with so many inclusions – including flooring!
When you choose a turn key package, your home will be ready to live in from the moment you get the keys! All you have to do is bring your furniture.
Your turnkey package can include*:
- Quality flooring including carpets, underlay and vinyl throughout
- Quality window treatments throughout
- 20mm stone bench tops to kitchen
- 31c high ceilings to entire home
- Contemporary elevations to suit development requirements
- Double lock up garage with remote sectional door
- Fencing and reticulated landscaping
You’ll be floored by the exciting collection of complete home packages from Easystart Homes. All you have to do is literally turn the key!
*Speak to your sales consultant for an up to date list of all turn key package inclusions!