On the fourth day of Christmas, Easystart Homes sent to me: 4 of the best areas to build your new home and 4 calling birds...
Looking for a great place to buy house and land packages? We earlier explored the amazing potential of Yanchep and Armadale here, now we’re checking out 4 more of the best places to live for first home buyers – Mandurah, Ellenbrook, Helena Valley and Alkimos.
Located on the stunning Indian Ocean 72km south of the Perth CBD, Mandurah is WA’s second largest city. Once a small fishing village frequented by throngs of city holiday makers, Mandurah is now a vibrant regional city covering an area of 173.5km2. Continuing to thrive and expand, with rail services, sparkling beaches and a relaxed holiday feel, Mandurah makes the perfect place to build new homes.
- Population: 80,683 (2013)
- Major Parks: Yalgorup NP, Peel Regional Park Recreation
- Recreation: Mandurah Aquatic & Recreation Centre, Anytime Fitness, Mandurah Country Club
- Major Schools: Lakelands PS, Austin Cove Baptist College, Mandurah Catholic College, Mandurah HS
- Shopping: Mandurah Forum, Woolworths, Kmart, Dick Smith, Big W, Rebel Sport
- Best Dining: Café one58, Dome Café, Janice’s Coffee Pot, Café Moka, Spill The Beans Coffee Club
Located 21km northeast of the Perth CBD, Ellenbrook has been designed and developed in stages as a planned, self-sustainable community. Close to the Swan Valley and historic Guildford with the largest Woolworths in the state and future train links possible, Ellenbrook is a hugely popular choice for first home buyers looking for house and land packages.
- Population: 16,284 (2011 census)
- Major Parks: Gnangara Moore River State Forest, Ellen Brook Nature Reserve
- Recreation: The Vines Resort & Country Club, Swan River
- Major Schools: Ellenbrook PS, Ellen Stirling PS, Ellenbrook SC, Swan Valley Anglican Community School
- Shopping: The Shops at Ellenbrook, Coles, Masters, Big W, IGA
- Best Dining: Oscar’s Restaurant, Dome Café, Ellenbrook Chinese Restaurant
Located on the edge of the Darling Scarp at the 'mouth' of the valley that opens to the Swan Coastal Plain, Helena Valley is experiencing a shift from semi-rural properties to higher density living, making it ideal for first home buyers looking to get close to nature while being in touch with Midland (ten minutes away) and Perth (25km).
- Population: 2,724 (2006 census)
- Major Parks: Greenmount NP, Gooseberry Hill NP
- Recreation: Hill View Golf Course, Zig Zag Scenic Drive
- Major Schools: Helena Valley PS, Darlington PS, Governor Stirling SHS
- Shopping: IGA, Midland Gate Shopping Centre, Liquor In The Valley
- Best Dining: Sandpiper Coffee Lounge, Dome Café Midland
Idyllically located just 15km north of Joondalup and 43km north of Perth, Alkimos is the culmination of a variety of brand new land estates, making it the perfect place to purchase house and land packages in a thriving coastal location.
- Major Parks: Yanchep NP
- Recreation: Yanchep National Park Golf Course
- Major Schools: St James’ Anglican School, Alkimos Baptist College
- Shopping: Future regional shopping centre, Yanchep town site
- Best Dining: Sprout Hub
House and land packages start at Easystart Homes.
As part of the Summit Homes Group, Easystart Homes can secure land at a competitive price thanks to their fantastic relationships with all developers in WA.