On the second day of Christmas, Easystart Homes sent to me: 2 yummy Christmas recipes... and 2 turtle doves...
Be christmas ready with these two delicious christmas recipes.
Chocolate Coated Strawberry Christmas Trees
- 340g green chocolate melts or 340g white chocolate melts w/ green food colouring
- 450g strawberries, stems removed
- 24 Oreo cookies
- White icing
- Edible stars
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tblps thick cream
- Add water by the teaspoon and whisk until the desired consistency is reached. You it to be thick like toothpaste.
- Set a heat proof bowl over a small pot of simmering water on the stove top. Slowly melt the chocolate in the bowl, stirring occasionally. Do not allow moisture to come in contact with the chocolate.
- Spoon a small amount of icing onto the top of each Oreo. This will adhere the strawberry to the cookie
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, turn the heat to low while you dip the strawberries using a toothpick inserted into the cut end.
- Shake off excess chocolate gently. Using a second toothpick inserted into the pointed end of the dipper strawberry, carefully place the strawberry on top of the icing on the Orea.
- Decorate with sprinkles and star which the chocolate is still wet. It will usually dry in about 10 minutes.
- 200g plain flour
- 180g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 40g cocoa
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150m sour cream, room temperature
- 200g milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 large milk chocolate buttons
- 24 white chocolate buttons
- 12 red Smarties
- Black icing pen
- 6/8 pretzels, broken into halves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with brown or red patty cases.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa, butter, eggs, vanilla and sour cream in a food processor. Mix for 1 minute, or until a thick batter forms. Divide the batter evenly between the patty cases (3/4 full).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- To make the ganache, place the chocolate and sour cream in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and becomes smooth.
- Place a large milk button in the centre of each cupcake, using a little ganache to secure. Place two white chocolate buttons on top for eyes, using a little ganache to secure. Add a red Smartie for the nose, again using a little ganache to secure. Use the black icing pen to draw eyes in the centre of the white chocolate buttons, and then insert two half pretzels int the cupcake for antlers.